Underground Film Links: January 1, 2012
Happy New Year! Unfortunately, since it’s been a holiday week and today is technically a holiday, there aren’t too many links to get us started in 2012. However, these are some pretty darn good ones:
- Kenneth Anger swears to God that he’s not a Satanist in this interview in the Guardian. (For the record, he’s a pagan.)
- Cinemad has been busy with a couple new podcasts. The newest one is an interview with the Zellner Brothers. Previous to that, they interviewed underground film legend Ken Jacobs.
- Donna k. says she’s going to right a terrible wrong and start interviewing female artists, which sounds like a fabulous idea. The next two links should offer some inspiration:
- Making Light of It scans in a conversation between Shirley Clarke and Storm de Hirsch from Film Culture.
- Not really underground film: Potzrebie has an excerpt from a ’50s documentary about black artists. The excerpt is all about Jackie Ormes, a pioneering African-American female comic strip artist.
- Filmmaker Waylon Bacon says he’s getting back into blogging, which I’m personally happy about because I’ve missed his writing.