Underground Film Links: April 24, 2011
Ultra brief edition this week. Sorry, folks, but a move in my personal life has prevented me from writing much lately. However, this first link just about makes up for it, in my opinion:
- This week’s Must Look: Thanks to Aaron Valdez, Sid Caesar’s pelvic thrusts are the most disturbing thing I’ve just about ever seen.
- Congrats to the Boston Underground Film Festival for being picked Best Buffet Film Festival by the Boston Phoenix newspaper. The Phoenix says: “a refreshing event that acknowledges the beauty of underground cinema.” I usually just say BUFF effin’ rocks, but same thing.
- Anthology Film Archives will be celebrating its 40th anniversary on April 27. They could use your help.
- Robert Putka released the first behind-the-scenes photo from his upcoming film Mouthful.
- Professor Tryon has a couple more review from the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, including ones for The Interrupters and Page One.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Paul Naschy.