Space: Bad Lit Video Promo #4
[NOTE: Sorry, video no longer exists.]
Blast off into the final frontier with the Bad Lit Video Promo “Space,” which was beautifully produced for us by Brian Lonano and the good folks at Robot Hand!. With its stunning views of celestial bodies, we like to think of this promo as our own little 30-second 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Bad Lit is not actively commissioning video promos, but if you’re a filmmaker who wants a little extra promotion for yourself on the site, we’ll spotlight yours like this, too. Just so you know, though: Robot Hand has established a pretty high standard for others to match — and that was just by volunteering their time with no prompting by us.
Here’s the guidelines:
1. Must be between only 20 to 30 seconds long.
2. Has to end with the official Bad Lit: The Journal of Underground Film title card. (Download the hi-rez title card from Flickr.)
3. Can be heavily produced like Robot Hand’s effort above, or can be documentary style like Bad Lit’s own in-house promos.
4. Has to fit in with the theme and style of the previous promos, but we’re not going to tell you what that theme or style is. Suffice it to say, Robot Hand nailed it without being told what they are, either.
5. Upload it to your favorite online video sharing service and let us know about it!