2006 Portland Underground Film Festival: June 8-11
After I snarkily assaulted the Portland Underground Film Festival for an out of date website, they’ve gotten their revenge on me by posting their full lineup over a month beforehand. Looks like a doozy, too. Hope the fine residents of Portland will be properly recovered by June from the earth-shattering PDX Film Fest held there last week to attend.
They’re showing mostly features, and here’s the rundown:
1) Let Them Eat Rock, dir. Rodman Flender — A documentary on the 18th century punk band who rocked the 20th century, The Upper Crust.
2) The Coat Room, dir. Jason F. Gilbert — A slacker takes a job in the coat room of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and falls for his bitter, sarcastic and thieving co-worker.
2) Hollow Ground, dir. Sean DelGatto — An Evil Dead-ish horror film about teenagers trapped in a remote cabin.
4) Mad Cowgirl, dir. Gregory Hatanaka — A tale of mad cow disease, kung fu, cunnilingus and co-starring Star Trek‘s Walter Koenig. Official site. Also played at the Calgary Underground Film Festival and other fests. (Watch Online)
1) Jack Hanke’s Disaster, dir. Jack Gibson — The pets of Georgetown, TX sense the arrival of UFO’s.
2) Tribute to James Westby, dir. James Westby — Inept wanna-be killers botch a hit-and-run accident.
Plus, a repeat of the fest’s best film, a shorts program and biking madness.