Apparently I was called out on Friday, didn’t see the link until Sunday and then I try not to double-post in one day (had my B.I.K.E. review already up). So, this is up tonight, Monday. I also don’t generally get into these blogging “meme” things either, mainly because I don’t consider the Underground Film Journal a “blog.” I think of it as a news and review site. But, Agnes Varnum is good people and you should be reading her blog. My other issue is with Rule #4 (see below). I don’t think I know 8 bloggers. However, I’ll try to dig up a couple of folks to link to.
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
1. The obvious things to state: My favorite movie is the original Halloween. My favorite band is the defunct New Zealand art punkers Bailter Space. My favorite comic book is … well, see #2 below. My favorite book is Moby Dick. (Seriously, have you read that shit?)
2. I own every single issue of The Mighty Thor from #179 (Aug. 1970) to #502 (Sept. 1996).
3. My senior thesis film at the Rochester Institute of Technology was a 20 minute documentary, Variants on a Trash Queen. My advisor didn’t even bother going to the film’s big screening where the audience members who loathed the film hammered me with insulting questions for about 30 minutes and I got a C on the project. Was probably my proudest moment, though.
4. One of my favorite movie going memories was seeing John Waters‘ Female Trouble at a midnight screening at the University of Rochester with a packed, crazed audience. UofR had a way better screening series than RIT.
5. I ride the subway in Los Angeles to work everyday and am extremely pro-public transportation, but I think Metro needs to get some of it’s shit together before I recommend people actually use the service. However, the train here is awesome.
6. I would venture to guess that 95% of everything I’ve ever written for the internet, which would probably fill up several volumes of books, has been deleted forever when the sites I worked on became defunct or I got rid of all the bad short stories I used to write for this site.
7. Next year will mark 10 years of the Underground Film Journal on the internet. Freaky.
8. I love cats.
I’ll try to dig up 8 people/sites to “tag”: Len Wein, Bob Greenberger, ShortEnd Magazine, GreenCine Daily, Austin Underground Film Festival, Frankensteins Bloody Nightmare, Drew & the Medicinal Pen (that’s 7, but that’s all I got).