Underground Film Links: May 13, 2012
- For this week’s Must Read, I don’t know if this is a one-off or a series, but I hope it’s a continuing series. Mike Plante of Cinemad has posted up an article from the old print version of the online zine — and it’s a doozy! Stan Brakhage meets Godfrey Reggio!
- I don’t know about anybody else, but I’m completely digging BadAzz MoFo’s poster hall of fame series of posts. Here’s a great one for The Land That Time Forgot and The People That Time Forgot, movies most people have probably forgotten since they suck so bad. Also, Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity, which apparently isn’t as sleazy as it sounds.
- Donna k. gushes over Troy, NY’s EMPAC again and perhaps for the last time.
- Migrating Forms is going on right now and there were lots of write-ups about the films and filmmakers, such as Palaces of Pity, Yael Bartana, Phil Collins, It’s the Earth Not the Moon, and Eric Baudelaire.
- If you’re looking for something interesting to watch, Phantom of Pulp has a fun DVD and Blu-ray guide.
- I liked this image of a prop (I’m guessing) from Fantasma’s latest production.
- Making Light of It has some film frames from Carl E. Brown.
- Robert Maier has an excellent background article on Liz Renay, the actress who would dare to replace Divine!