Underground Film Links: January 8, 2012
Oh yeah, it feels weird typing “2012” in the post title. Guess we’re — as in the “collective we” — still getting our legs under us for the new year, so not too many links again:
- Making Light of It, making a nice return of things, has lots of gorgeous film stills from Brakhage’s Unconscious London Strata. Plus, a comparison of Ezra Pound’s The Return with Nathaniel Dorsky’s The Return.
- Donna k. suggests some places where one can read about women artists.
- Luke Black debuts the very fine poster for his latest film Beef Barley Brothers.
- The Horror Club very nicely put Paul Campion’s The Devil’s Rock on its Best of 2011 list.
- Congrats to Bill Plympton on his recent nuptials! I really want some of that cake or whatever it is he and his bride are posing in front of…
- The Phantom of Pulp lists his Best Films of 2011, plus his Best DVDs and Blu-Rays of 2011.
- J.J. Murphy reviews Northeast, the debut feature by Gregory Kohn.