DVD Underground: Kenneth Anger: The Complete Magick Lantern Cycle
Official description: Cinematic magician, legendary provocateur, author of the infamous Hollywood Babylon books and creator of some of the most striking and beautiful works in the history of film, Kenneth Anger is a singular figure in post-war American culture.
A major influence on everything from the films of Martin Scorsese, Rainer Werner Fassbinder and David Lynch to the pop art of Andy Warhol to MTV, Anger’s work serves as a talisman of universal symbols and personal obsessions, combining myth, artifice and ritual to render cinema with the power of spell or incantation.
- Fireworks (1947)
- Puce Moment (1949)
- Rabbit’s Moon (1950, the rarely seen original 16 minute version)
- Eaux d’Artifice (1953)
- Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome (1954)
- Scorpio Rising (1964)
- Kustom Kar Kommandos (1965)
- Invocation of My Demon Brother (1969)
- Rabbit’s Moon (1979 version)
- Lucifer Rising (1981)